Recent blog posts
- Pledge helpers needed on Friday Texas Blues Radio
- Knon 89.3, Lambda Weekly 2016.10.16 with Christian Guevara, Lerone, Patti and David Taffet Lambda Weekly
- Knon 89 3, Lambda Weekly 2016.10.09 with Rev Eric Folkerth, Patti and David Taffet Lambda Weekly
- Knon 89 3, Lambda Weekly 2016.10.02 with Erin Moore, Patti and David Taffet Lambda Weekly
- Texas Blues Radio Living Blues radio poll 10/1/16
- Knon 89.3, Lambda Weekly 2016.09.25 Rebecca Covell with Patti and David Taffet Lambda Weekly
- Knon 89.3, Lambda Weekly, 2016.09.18 with Stephen Soden & Logen Cure , Lerone and David Taffet
- Knon 89.3, Lambda Weekly Knon 89.3, Lambda Weekly 2016.09.11 with Rabbi Steve Fisch , Lerone and David Taffet
- Texas Blues Radio Living Blues radio poll report, September 1, 2016
- Don O.'s annual Freddie King tribute THIS Friday September 2nd, 6 pm
- Sunday 7-10am
Andrew Hicks - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday Mornings 7am-10am
Andrew AJ Hicks has a love for the medium of gospel music and strives to proclaim the message of the citizenship of the Kingdom of God. The host of Sunday Praises, he is a native of North Carolina whose roots are grounded in the traditional arena, having performed in choirs/workshops with some of the greatest of names in gospel such as the late Rev. James Cleveland, the late Isaac Douglas, Evangelist Shirley Caesar, Edwin Hawkins, and the powerhouse vocalist in gospel, La Shun Pace.
AJ spent two years in broadcasting school in Beckley,West Virginia at the Raleigh County Vocational Institute and did training with on-air announcers. Taking the reigns when the late Rev. Rev. H.T Hardeman signed off in December of 1994, Hicks takes charge in the delivery of the spoken work, song and lifting the name of Jesus to highest that should be told. He spent formative years on the evangelistic field with Evangelist Kenneth Bacon Revivals. Now as a faithful servant serves as audio-technician at the new Bethel Agape Church, under the leadership of the Bishop Kenneth Bacon. During the season of receiving honor for the labor of services, AJ shares the H.T Hardeman/Clevelan Lee Jr. Memorial Awards, Sunday Praises Amour Bearer Award and the late Rev. Terry Carter Memorial Award.
Employed at The Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas as a computer operator/distribution manager and data entry processor at Dyck-O'Neal Inc. AJ spends biweekly weekends with his godson Jarrell mentoring him in the field of Gospel radio. The vision of soul-winning and being a witness through the broadcasting network is the chief aim and mission of Hicks' life. Born June 23, 1956. Family based yet without marital attachment at the present, he continues to honor his mother in North Carolina in support of her devotion through the years of being apart since 1985 of November to obtain the promise of fulfillment while serving under his pastor for fifteen years.
Servant, Helper, and true to Proverbs 17:17 at all times this Radio Angel invites you to tune in and turn on to the segment of spirit moving and soul lifting worship and praise, 'Just because God said it.'